We accept resumes for all instruments but at this time are looking specifically for teachers of piano, voice, violin, and guitar in our Andover, Morris Plains, and Verona locations. We have a high standard for hiring the best teachers around. Our teachers generally have:
- College degree in music, completed or almost completed.
- Ample teaching experience either privately or in a school.
- A personality that naturally inspires
In return the Olive Tree administration holds itself to a high standard:
- Competitive compensation for our teachers’ time
- Comprehensive handling of billing/scheduling
- Spacious lesson rooms
- Scheduling based on your availability
- Policies that ensure teachers are appropriately compensated for their time
Lessons taught are all one-on-one and can run any time between Mon-Sat, so your hours with us can be flexible around other work/school/family commitments, as long as your availability stays fairly consistent from week to week. You’ll start with just one day per week and grow if your schedule and student demand allows. Lessons are usually during after-school hours or Saturday mornings.
Positions are all part-time and can be anywhere between 1-20 hours a week depending on the popularity of your instrument, your listed availability, and how often you are the teacher that students request after an initial lesson.
Send your resume and/or bio to
Clearly state the instrument(s) you’re highly qualified to teach, the location(s) you’re applying for, and what days/times of the week you would be available to teach, if hired.